Welcome to git-wiki demo
This is a demo of git-wiki theme for jekyll.
it’s a full featured wiki powered by git, github pages and pull-requests!
- Improvements in the cooperative aspect: forks, pull-requests and roles.
- You can customize your wiki as you want with style sheets and even changing the layout.
- No databases! Only static files that can be downloaded in a few seconds.
- Markdown and html mixed together!
- History, revision comparison and everything you need from a wiki platform.
- You can edit your pages with the standard git editor, prose.io (integrated) or any kind of editor you prefer.
You can fork/copy the master branch now and start your wiki in just 1 minute.
Then share your wiki with us! please.
You can even include the github wiki as a submodule and enable the conf, but it’s an experimental feature and it implies less advantages and greater disadvantages for now.
Fork or copy this repository
copy and rename _config.yml.dist in _config.yml changing settings inside
create your index.md in root directory
push your changes in your repository, then configure the github pages in your repository settings
Your wiki is ready!
We suggest the creation of a /wiki/ subfolder that collects all your .md pages (except index.md)
Current known limitations
Non-existent wiki page links are not “red”.
You can’t use the wiki link format: [[example]]. Please, use gh-pages links instead: [example](example)
You can create following files in _includes folder to costumize git-wiki without patching original code:
- head.html -> this file will be included in <head> tag allowing you to add css/js and any kind of head tags
- sidebar.html -> this file will be included in left sidebar allowing you to create your widgets
- comments.html -> this is mostly used to integrate social comments under page contents
- footer.html -> this file will be included in left side of the footer.
Looking for collaboration
Do you like this project? then, contact us via chat , email or send us a PR to improve it.